Thank you for Continuing a Tradition
2017 Winnetka Club HouseWalk
Lifestyles of the North Shore
May 17, 2017 from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm.
Featuring Five Beautiful Homes!
We visited five significant properties in Winnetka and Glencoe, each chosen because they exemplify the lifestyles of today’s North Shore families. Journey along Sheridan Road with lovely views of Lake Michigan and leisurely saunter through these spectacular homes as you listen to informed docents describe the history and design of each. Unleash your own design ideas by strolling through lush gardens and tour magnificent rooms, enjoying the varied uses of color, imagination and creativity of five very different styles.
1. Originally built in 1896, many of the rooms in this home have been restored using aspects of the original architectural drawing from the esteemed architect of Symphony Hall, Howard van Doren Shaw and features an addition by society architect, David Adler. The paneled entrance hall is a mirror image of the Onwentsia Club in Lake Forest.
2. Architectural details and spacious sun filled rooms abound inside this 1995 home. Soaring detailed ceilings, wall to wall windows, a state of the art kitchen are just a few of the stunning details.
3. Grandly scaled rooms, beautiful moldings and millwork and exceptional decorating await you in this 1886 classic home. The home has an amazing 2/3 acre corner lot and was featured in this month’s issue of Sheridan Road magazine.
4. Tour one of the oldest homes in Winnetka and learn how the homes’ integrity was preserved when the house was “raised” to create a basement. Exit on to the coach house and enjoy elements from materials at the Drake Hotel.
5. Built in 2013 this cozy family home has layers of timeless accents and charming vintage finds. The traditional style features a gourmet kitchen perfect for entertaining. The owner has a gift of style and every room offers a treasure trove of great ideas.
Optional lunch was at at nearby Country Club in Winnetka
Thank you to our 2017 Sponsors!